Help your child’s development
You can help your child by:
- Taking the time to have conversations with your child – even when they are a baby.
- Give your child (limited) choices eg/ would you like to wear the red or the blue trousers today?
- Encourage them to think about others’ feelings and to help others.
- Encourage them to be independent (within their capabilities) in the bathroom and at mealtimes.
- Play games that involve taking turns.
- As a parent, show a positive attitude to different genders, cultures and abilities.
The What to expect when booklet gives you an over view of the EYFS framework and how you can support your child’s development.